First Picture: Ed Hardy Ugg Boot
Things that I think about when I look at this picture: Female, expensive, fad, Ed Hardy, sold out tattoo artist. Not many know history of Ed hardy before clothes. If you don’t have real uggs people think of them differently. Fashion. Young Kids wear them. Americans traditional/Japanese Traditional tattoo style. California. Who says you can’t stop tattooing to make money elsewhere. All styles of girls wear them, mostly younger people though.
What does this say about American mass culture? When I look at this picture of these Ed Hardy Ugg boots I mostly think about female fashion. I’ve noticed over the past couple years they have been growing from teenaged females to younger girls. As for the Ed Hardy logo I think about many other things. Tattooing, art and clubs all come to mind. I know that his career was tattooing for many years and then gave it up for other forms of art. I believe that he also chose to do that because it’s hard to make money as a tattoo artist. I can understand that, but from my perspective. I think it’s totally lame. I also think that the whole club scene is really obnoxious. Drinking, partying and etc, and because of most of the people in that club scene wear Ed Hardy. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see it is clubs, ”Guido’s” and “fist pumping”.
Second Picture: Facebook symbol
Things that I think about when I look at this picture: Started as a social networking site for college people and then slowly older people started using it. Eventes, drinking, popularity, online celebrities, birthdays: if the 350 friends didn’t have you a facebook friend they would most likely not know its your birthday, if you aren’t close with everyone of them. Fake friendships, booty calls.
What does this say about American mass culture? When I look at this image I automatically think about facebook, friends and tagging people in photos. Before I deleted my facebook, I looked at other college kids photos; they have some variations of photos that are of drinking at a party or something. I can understand that they want to have a good time, their young or what ever. It’s annoying to me. I feel like people using this, as a way to keep in touch with people is just really phony. If you actually wanted to keep in touch with someone wouldn’t you have his or her number or whey would have yours?
Things that I think about when I look at this picture: Teenager, marijuana, and gangster/alternative 90’s style. White-Caucasian. Suburban home.
What does this say about American mass culture? American mass culture looks at these “type of kids” as bad or up to no good. I feel like that when a typical American (mom, dad, dog, two kids) would look at this, they would think maybe he dropped out, does drugs, and listens to rap all day long. What I am trying to say is, maybe the typical American (or maybe just anyone) loves to judge and criticize.
No comments:
Post a Comment